Are you looking to scale your e-commerce store? If so, you’re in the right place. Whatever you’re selling — from hand-painted ceramics to skin-care serums — the tools on this list will help you achieve the massive growth you want.
Getting your product line in order and setting up a website are only the first steps. To consistently achieve high sales, you’ll need to craft a customer journey that takes your visitors from being completely unaware of your brand to becoming loyal customers that return again and again.
Each of the 10 e-commerce tools on this list will help you better understand and better serve your customers — boosting your sales as a result.
Let’s get started with our first recommendation!
OptiMonk is the Internet’s most powerful e-commerce popup tool. With OptiMonk, creating precisely targeted popups that don’t annoy your visitors is easy. Store owners can create visually striking, high-converting popups without any design skills whatsoever.
Customers certainly appreciate OptiMonk: it’s received more than 400 5-star reviews on the Shopify App Store.
Here’s why you should use OptiMonk:
- The tool helps you tackle the common problems that crop up at each stage of the e-commerce customer journey. For example, you can greet new visitors with a first-time customer discount popup (that also grows your email list), or you can halt cart abandoners in their tracks with a timely offer.
- OptiMonk’s 300+ templates and drag-and-drop editor take care of most of the design work for you. All of the templates are professionally designed and mobile friendly.
- With tons of targeting and triggering options, you can deliver tailored messages to particular segments of your website visitors at exactly the right time. That means your offers and promotions will resonate.
Pricing: There are five pricing plans to choose from. There’s a Forever Free plan (which doesn’t require a credit card), the $29/month Essential plan, and additional plans according to your number of page views and domains.
Conversific is a new kind of e-commerce analytics tool because it goes beyond simply gathering data, helping you to optimize your traffic and conversions. It gives you the key lessons behind the numbers.
Here’s why you should use Conversific:
- You can identify your highest converting and most profitable marketing channels.
- The tool helps e-commerce marketers to figure out which product descriptions need to be improved.
- It allows you to identify and track your most loyal customers.
Pricing: Conversific has a Forever Free plan. Paid subscriptions with premium features start at $29 per month.
Hotjar helps you figure out why you’re missing out on web conversions. The tool gives you access to a range of qualitative analytics, revealing e-commerce visitors’ movements on your site.
Hotjar provides answers to important questions like:
- Where are they getting confused?
- Why aren’t they clicking through?
Here’s why you should use Hotjar:
- You can visualize your visitors’ behavior with heat maps of their clicks and mouse movements.
- You can see recordings of individual user sessions.
- You can collect qualitative insights through surveys.
Pricing: Hotjar’s free version includes 300 recordings and 3 heatmaps. Their premium packages start at $39 a month.
Customer feedback is essential if you want to keep optimizing your e-commerce store. Survey Monkey helps you learn what your customers think and how they feel about your brand and products. Their surveys are fully customizable, so you can ask anything you want!
Here’s why you should use Survey Monkey:
- They have all the survey templates you could possibly need to start collecting growth-enhancing data.
- You can easily run customer satisfaction surveys to find out what your customers think about you. It will help you to meet your customers’ needs and exceed their expectations.
- The tool allows you to create an on-brand survey in minutes and send it to your customers via multiple channels.
Pricing: Survey Monkey’s freemium version allows the creation of unlimited surveys, but you can only view 40 responses per survey. Premium versions start at $37 a month.
Mailchimp is a cut above other email marketing platforms. The tool provides a range of ready-made email templates as well as the ability to design your own. Its autoresponder feature makes it easy for an e-commerce marketer to schedule an email campaign without any knowledge of HTML or CSS.
Here’s why you should use Mailchimp:
- Email and newsletter management is effortless because everything can be scheduled in advance.
- Mailchimp supports targeted ad campaigns and landing pages.
- You can get insights into the results of your email campaigns to help you improve them.
Pricing: Mailchimp offers several paid versions (from $9 to $299 per month). It’s free for users with a contact list of under 2000 email addresses who send less than 12,000 emails per month.
Zendesk makes customer service software you can use to support your e-commerce customers across multiple channels.
Here’s why you should use Zendesk:
- The software centralizes your customer data so that you can offer better personalization in your support experience.
- Zendesk allows you to develop targeted sales pipelines based on all the data you’ve gathered.
Pricing: Plans start at $19 per agent or sales team, but they offer a free trial.
7. Vocal Video
Did you know that 2 out of 3 people would like to make a purchase after watching a testimonial video? Vocal Video brings together everything you need to create a stunning video testimonial campaign: from collecting testimonials to editing, publishing, and hosting.
Here’s why you should use Vocal Video:
- The tool makes capturing testimonials from customers, employees, and experts a breeze.
- Once you have a raw footage, Vocal Video makes it easy to create shareable clips about your e-commerce brand complete with music, motion graphics, and your company’s branding.
Pricing: Their Starter Package costs $99 per month and allows you to create up to 3 HD videos each month.
8. AB Tasty
AB Tasty is dedicated to building end-to-end experiences that drive growth across all digital channels. They have separate marketing, product development, and engineering teams that collaborate to build unique user experiences for each of their clients.
Here’s why you should use AB Tasty:
- Their creativity and experimentation are backed by powerful AI and automation.
- AB Tasty gets serious results — think 19%+ conversion rates.
Pricing: Contact the AB Tasty team for pricing information.
Google Mobile-Friendly Test is a free tool that all e-commerce marketers should use. It tells you how easily a visitor can use your website on a mobile device a.k.a how mobile-friendly your site is. All you need to do is enter the URL of your website and Google Mobile-Friendly Test will show you how your page scores.
This is incredibly important given how important mobile sales have become to e-commerce.
Here’s why you should use Google Mobile-Friendly Test:
- The software suggests fixes for any errors and ways to enhance your site’s mobile-friendliness.
- You can also use the tool to check how mobile-friendly your competitors’ websites are and you can compare them to your own site.
Pricing: It’s free.
Pushwoosh is an omnichannel mobile-driven growth marketing automation platform. It’s designed to boost user engagement through mobile and web push notifications, in-app messaging, emails, and more.
Here’s why you should use Pushwoosh:
- Pushwoosh enables e-commerce apps to send different messages based on user behavior, geo-location, and other individualized factors to increase the relevancy of their communications.
- The platform allows you to engage users on the channels where they respond the best. With Pushwoosh, you can track push notification opens and repeat the ignored message via email, for example, to increase its chances to be seen.
- You can run targeted omnichannel campaigns, reinforcing your personalized messages on more than one medium.
Pricing: Contact Pushwoosh Team for pricing information.
We’re lucky to live in a time when powerful tools to help us achieve our e-commerce goals are just a click away.
Although each of the tools reviewed above has the potential to improve your conversion rates, revenue, and growth, we wouldn’t recommend signing up for all of them at once. Not only would that be expensive, but you’d also be hard-pressed to use all the tools to their full potential.
Instead, think about which aspects of your business are most in need of improvement and then start with the tools dedicated to that area. Then, once you’ve taken full advantage of that tool, it’s time to move on to the next one. Good luck!
Grow your e-commerce business with best-of-breed marketing tools. Learn how Pushwoosh will fit into your suite and which opportunities it will help you uncover.Contact Pushwoosh Team